Staff Real Use Review - The Suzuki Address
You won't just find our staff sprinting at Houghton Tower, or tackling the rolling hills of the Trough of Bowland. We all need to get to work too and one of the team, Andy, has invested in the new Suzuki Adress to get him in to store every day!
So, Andy, what do you usually ride?
I usually ride a Kawasaki ER650, but that isn't the ideal commuter so I looked for something cheaper to run to get me from A to B
When and Why did you decide to invest in a smaller bike?
I'd been looking for a little while, something with low running costs, cheap to tax and insure, good miles per gallon etc.
Why the Suzuki Address particularly?
So many things contributed to the Suzuki. As I said, I'd been looking for a little while and was "um-ing and ah-ing" over a few. When I heard about the Address coming out I jumped at the chance to go with a bigger, more well-known brand because you get a Nationwide support network. Even if I didn't work here at Youles, if I needed it looking at or servicing, I could take it to any garage and they'd be happy looking at it.
As a commuter, it ticked all the boxes for me -
- The fuel economy is brilliant - 134mpg. The worst I've got out of it was 90 MPG, which is still amazing compared to driving a car around town.
- It's cheap to run - literally costs £4.00 to fill it, and it's easy to clean! I'm really particular about cleaning my bikes, and this only took me 20mins.
- There's massive under seat storage as well, fits a full-size helmet, plus room for your waterproofs.
- The wheels are large for a scooter, which makes it easier on the corners. A proper fuel gauge is a great addition, and it has fuel injection
- I was surprised at the price, too.
Plus you get a 3-year warranty and 12 months AA roadside cover, too, which I was bowled over by.
How is it to ride?
Easy! "Twist n Go" transmission, massive MPG, can easily get to 40 -50 mph and sit there, very smooth and comfortable - which is important when you're riding with your work uniform under your gear.
Do you feel restricted after being solely on a bigger bike for so long?
Being honest, no. As this is my work commuter it's mainly for around town and it is very pleasant to ride. A-roads are not a problem.
What surprises you about the Address?
How easy it is to get up to speed! It's as quick as a car up to 30/40MPH, which it sits at with ease I must add.
What would you say to someone who's on the fence about buying an Address?
At just over £2000 on the road, you won't find a better deal from anywhere else. Cheapest main branded Scooter you can buy, and what you get for the money is just beyond.
So that's what Andy thinks! Youles Blackburn is the authorized Suzuki Bike dealership for Blackburn and surrounding areas. So if you're looking to get on, or get back on, 2 wheels then get in touch or pay us a visit!